This is an exciting opportunity for a Lead Developer to join a well-funded early stage startup, that is backed by a world renowned brand! Following a highly successful pilot, you will lead a small front and back end engineering team, playing a critical role in taking the company through its next stages of growth and beyond!
This is an opportunity to join a company that is revolutionising an industry in a way that will positively impact the lives of people around the world! This will be a great role for someone with strong leadership skills, who thrives in a fast-paced environment and can effectively deal with ambiguity. They follow agile development principles and collaborate closely across functions, to deliver exceptional user experiences!
- Leading a team of engineers, designers and team members across the business to deliver empowering user experiences
- Working with senior stakeholders to understand business needs and set the technical direction
- Demonstrating and communicating a passion for implementing highly scalable and maintainable front and backend services
- Sharing technical solutions and product ideas through design review, pair programming, code review and technological discussions
- Utilising a proactive and responsive approach to problem-solving
- Experience in Web and mobile app development using Python Backends and React and React Native Frontends
- Experience with database management systems (PostgreSQL)
- Cloud experience (AWS)
- Experience with version control systems (Git/SVN)
- Strong understanding of Web Accessibility
- Demonstrated ability to balance multiple projects simultaneously
- Demonstrated ability oversee quality control
- Task (Story) time estimation
- Experience with automated testing (unit, functional, and integration tests)
- Excellent project management skills, with strong written and verbal communication skills
- Bonus points for solution architecture experience (documentation, workflow diagrams etc.)
The tech stack:
- Mobile App: React Native, Expo, TypeScript, Jest, React Native Testing Library, Android, GraphQL
- Web Frontend: React, TypeScript, Jest, TestCafe, GraphQL
- Backend: Python, Postgresql, Redis, GraphQL, Docker, Heroku
- Competitive salary & bonus
- Private healthcare
- 11% pension contribution
- Flexible working
- Company car allowance
- 27 days' annual leave (plus bank holidays)
- Your choice of a range of flexible benefits: enhanced healthcare, holiday buy/sell, season ticket loans, cycle to work scheme, etc.
If this sounds like the right opportunity for you, please apply with your CV or get in touch for more details!
By responding to this job advertisement you authorise Hanover Recruitment to act on your behalf as a recruitment agency / employment business, and you are aware of our Privacy Notice which can be found on our website hanrec.com